Wherever you’re, I hope you’re safe and sound. Now more than ever, home is the safest place for us to refuge and solace in the light of novel Coronavirus. Many of us have chosen the smart decision to practice social distancing and lives at home. It means, skipping weekend brunches and after-work happy hours with friends – even the restaurants or cafes have limited home delivery services. Instead of having these food cravings, I would like to opt for cooking my own meals which are easy to make, delicious and fast cook.
So, let’s have a look at these quick and yummy recipes which soothe your soul and stomach both.
1. Eggless Chocolate Oreo Cake –
- Oreo Biscuits – 20
- Milk – 1 Cup / 240 ml
- Baking Powder – 3/4 Table Spoon
- Sugar – 3 Table Spoon
- Oil – 1 Table Spoon for greasing the pan, you can use parchment paper for getting the cake easily out of the pan.
- Crush Oreo cookies and take Oreo cookies in a mixer. Powder them. Now add in milk to make a puree and make a smooth batter. Then add, baking powder and sugar (it is optional).
- Now take a microwave-safe bowl and grease it with oil generously. You can line the bowl with parchment paper and grease the paper, this way the cake will slide out easily.
- Pour the batter in the bowl and put it in the microwave on high for 5 Mins.
- Once it is baked, remove it from the oven, and garnish it with some chocolate sticks, candies or chocolate cubes.
- After this, let it cool completely before inverting. If you used parchment paper you can invert it earlier.
- Once it is out, you can slice and serve.
2. Ragi (Nachni) Pizza –
Small ragi (nachni) chapattis with a topping of pizza sauce and cheese, make a healthy alternative to regular pizzas. You can eat it as a main course by making ragi chapatti about 7 to 8 inches in diameter.
For The Ragi (Nachni) Chapatti:
- 1 Cup Ragi (Nachni) Flour
- 2 Table Spoon Wheat Flour (Atta)
- ½ Cup Water (To Knead The Dough)
- ½ Table Spoon Oil
- Salt to taste
- ½ Cup Grated Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 Cups Pizza Sauce
- ½ Capsicum, Sliced Into Small Pieces
- ½ Onion, Sliced Into Small Pieces
- 5 Jalapenos, Sliced Into Half
For the chapattis:
- Form a dough with the ingredients for the ragi (nachni) chapattis.
- Roll out the dough to make chapatti with the help of a little flour.
- Cut out small circular rounds (approximately 2 inches in diameter) from the chapatti with the help of stainless steel lid or cup.
- Cook the chapatti rounds properly.
- You can also store them in an airtight container in a deep freezer and used at a later date if you wish.
- Place some pizza sauce on top of the chapatti rounds.
- For toppings, you can add onion, capsicum, jalapenos and other toppings as per your choice.
- Then sprinkle grated cheese on top.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 5 minutes at 350o F (176o C).
- Remove and serve hot.
3. Matar Paneer Pulao –
A flavourful dish when you want to eat something wholesome.
- 1 Table Spoon Oil
- ½ Table Spoon Cumin Seeds, Black Pepper Pods, Cloves, Cardamom And Mace
- 1 Onion, tomato, Mint leaves, Coriander leaves.
- 1 Table Spoon Ginger Garlic Paste
- Salt, coriander and red chili powder (as per taste)
- 100gm paneer and Peas
- 2 Table Spoon
- 1 Bowl Rice.
- Start with chopped all the vegetables and Paneer.
- Heat the pan, add 1 Table Spoon oil and cumin seeds, cloves, cardamom, black pepper and mace. Cook all the spices.
- Add chopped onion and ginger-garlic paste into it. Cook them well. Next, add tomatoes and cook all the ingredients on medium flame.
- After this, add salt, red chilli powder and coriander powder as per your taste.
- Add boiled peas and paneer slices and mix them well with curd.
- Then add rice and water, cook it properly about 15 to 20 minutes, till water get soaked.
- At last, garnish it with coriander and mint leaves. Serve it hot.
4. White Sauce Pasta –
A yummy cheesy and creamy pasta that sizzles your taste buds.
- 1 Cup Pasta
- 1 Cup Mix Bell peppers
- 1/2 cup boiled corn Any veggies of your choice
- 1/2 Cup Grated cheese
- 400 ml Milk
- Chilli flakes
- 1 Table Spoon Cooking oil
- 1/3 Table Spoon Black pepper powder
- 2 Table Spoon All-purpose flour
- 3 Table Spoon Butter
- Salt to Taste
- Take a deep bottom pan, add water, salt and 1 tsp oil, and make a little stir. Once the water heat, add the pasta in it to boil for 10 to 20 minutes. The pasta should be boiled but not too soft, you check with a knife, it has to crunchy. Strain the water and put it into cold water to avoid sticking and after 5 minutes strain it also.
- Meanwhile, in another pan, add oil once it heat, add sprinkle slat and mix bell peppers. Stir the vegetables on high flame for 1-2 minutes. Then, add boiled corns and stir again. Remember, don’t overcome these veggies. Once sautéed vegetables are ready, put it aside.
- Take a large pan and heat the butter, when it starts melting includes all-purpose flour and stir it properly for 2-3 minutes. Cook it until flour doesn’t change its color, instantly add a glass of milk and keep rousing to avoid lumps.
- Add salt and grated cheese, mix it well. Your white sauce is ready.
- Afterward, add the sautéed veggies, black pepper, and boiled pasta and mix them well. Cook it for a minute or 2 then garnish it with chili flakes, pizza seasoning.
Turn off the flame and serve the creamy white sauce pasta in a bowl or plate.