The global pandemic, Coronavirus has brought the whole world to a standstill. People over the world are suffering, it is a kind of crisis that is testing our mankind and the potential to survive. You can see that cases are rising every single minute that threats people to go outside or touch anything, the concern about health has taken the center stage. Even in India, Lockdown is extended till 17th May and there are chances that it may increase further as it is the only measure to control the spread of Covid-19.
There’s still no medicine that can cure you, your resistance power and strong immunity system. Researchers announced that everyone should practice building their immunity as it will help them to fight with the virus. I also agree that a strong metabolism and immunity helps to prevent the harsh virus.
While it is necessary to maintain hygiene standards, i.e. washing hands frequently with a sanitizer, using masks and gloves especially when you’re traveling. Individuals with pre-existing illnesses, like- hypertension, diabetes, cardiovascular disease and respiratory issues are at high risk. It also aggravates that at a certain age general immunity system gets reduce, not only older but also youngsters also get combat the onslaught of virus.
Well, in this article I am presenting various ways that will help you to know how to boost immune system quickly and make it stronger to fight with Covid-19-
1. Improve your diet – What you eat reflects your health. Food plays a key role to evaluate your overall health and immunity. Include low carbs and high protein rich diet enables you to fight with Covid-19 as it slows down diabetes and control high blood pressure. And regularly eat fiber-rich fruits, omega 3 fatty acids and necessary veggies and vitamins. You can add tomato, mushrooms, broccoli, spinach, bell pepper and other green vegetables to help to build body resilience.
Apart from this, certain natural immunity boosters, i.e. gingers, turmeric, gooseberries (Amla), black cumin, Basel leaves, garlic etc. can also improve your immunity system. Certain seeds like- flax seeds, chia seeds, sunflower seeds, melon seeds and pumpkin seeds are a great source of vitamin E and protein that prevents your body to infect from any virus. Yogurt is also an important nutrient to rejuvenate the composition of bacteria that increases immunity power in the body naturally.
2. Stay hydrated – Drink at least 10-12 glasses of water every day to stay hydrated. Hydration helps to flush out all the toxins from the body and minimize the chances of flu. Besides this, you use alternatives, i.e. detox water (lemon, cucumber and mint leave water, cumin seeds and lemon water, ginger and lemon water, coconut water, etc.) juices made with citrus fruits and vegetables will surely help to beat the heat and increase immunity power in the body.
3. Ayurveda remedies – When we all are following certain practices to stay fit and build the immune system, let’s move back to history and pick something from there. Ayurveda has always been a science of life that transmits the agenda of managing a healthy and happy life. The concept is based upon daily regimes, dietary and lifestyle regimes which helps to increase your immunity power during Covid-19.
4. Exercise daily – A good diet is only worth if you do exercise daily. I am not saying to lift weights and hustle in gyms, even light exercises like- 30 minutes’ walk, yoga or stretching will go long and release toxins from your body. If you haven’t started exercise yet, what would be the best time to start it yet? There are several YouTube channels and mobile apps that assist you to do exercise at home. Regular exercise boosts metabolism that directly correlates with your body’s immune system.
5. De-stress yourself – Staying at home for a prolonged period affects mental wellbeing. The growing mental stress and anxiety during a pandemic is a major concern for people over the globe. Hence, to reduce this you can start meditation and PRANAYAMA; it is tried and tested activity which helps to calm your nerves.
6. Avoid smoking and alcohol – Poor health habits like- smoking, alcohol, vaping etc. directly links with weaken body defenses and respiratory illness. People who are involved in smoking and vaping seem to have a bad immune system as such activities reduce lung capacity and destroy blood cells. Due to which the human body gets unable to fight with the virus. If you cannot break this habit instantly, practice to do it in moderation.